Due to Hurricane Arthur we have rescheduled our Underwater Bike Race for Sunday July 20, 2014. This year, we are excited to announce that Hungry Town Bike Tours in Beaufort will be sponsoring our Bike Decorating Bonanza that takes place prior to departure and fun prizes will be awarded for the Best Dressed Bike and Rider. Join us!
Our Underwater Bike Race is an annual event that takes place on the Fourth of July to benefit the Children's Mile of Hope in support of cancer research.
- If you want to participate in the BIKE DECORATING BONANZA contest, plan on arriving at the dive shop 130p to give yourself time to decorate your bike. We will have some supplies available (spray paint, stickers) but you are welcome to get creative and bring your own. The contest includes BEST DRESSED BIKE AND RIDER. (While we encourage you to bring your own bike, we will have a limited number of bikes available—you will have about an hour to decorate.)
- For those just wanting to participate in the Underwater Bike Race, plan on arriving around 230p to get gear and load up.
- From 230p to 245p, Hungry Town Bike Tours will select and award prizes to the winner of the Bike Decorating Bonanza contest.
- We will leave the dock at approximately 330p. We offer transportation to and from the Indra aboard the Outrageous V for $70/diver, but private vessels are welcome to participate (contact the Outrageous V via marine radio on Race Day to confirm the exact starting time.)
- The race occurs on the starboard side of the Indra and will begin between 430p-5p.
- You may swim, pedal, push, or drag, but only human power is allowed--no motors--and only one biker is permitted per bike.
A suggested donation of $5.00 per bike entry (all proceeds go to the Children's Mile of Hope)
Meet us afterwards at the dive shop for post-race festivities and please bring a covered dish potluck.
Drinks available for purchase
We hope you’ll join us!!!