35th Annual Treasure Hunt Oct 11th, 2014
What is Discovery Diving's Treasure Hunt?
- Discovery Diving's Treasure Hunt is one of the largest single day gatherings of divers on the East Coast.
- Discovery Diving's Treasure Hunt is a fundraising event for DAN.
- Discovery Diving's Treasure Hunt is a Big Old PARTY!!!!!!
For the last 35 years, we have been going to everybody and anybody, diving related and non-diving related, begging for donations and have been fairly successful. We have, in the past, ended up with enough prizes for all participants to receive at least two prizes and in some cases three prizes.
Sign Ups Begin September 1st at 8:00 am.
Listed below are the rules and general information for this year's Treasure Hunt:
- PARTICIPANTS MUST BE PRESENT TO WIN. DUE TO SEVERAL COMPLAINTS LAST YEAR, YOU MUST DRAW YOUR OWN PRIZES. Drawing lasts as long as it takes. You may leave at anytime during the event but you forfeit remaining chances to draw.
- The Treasure Hunt is scheduled for 10:50 am Saturday, Oct. 11th, 2013.
- All divers must register and check in at
Discovery DivingCo., no later than 8:50 am, Oct. 11th
- Treasure Hunt registration is $25.00 for divers ($30.00 if you wait to register on the 11th) and $9.00 for each guest who will be at the Pig Picking.
- Divers receive an information package with brochures from various manufacturers at check in time. Treasure Hunt Rules and a Treasure List are included in this package.
- A preliminary briefing is conducted at
Discovery DivingCo., at 9:30 am. All participating divers must be at this briefing which covers location of dive, area boundaries, check in procedures, and time frame.
- If you take your own boat to
please stay NORTH of the GREEN day markers. Radio Island
- After the preliminary briefing, all divers will go to
at the specified time for a dive/safety/buddy-up briefing. At this time, divers without buddies will be buddied-up. Radio Island
- Divers enter the water upon a specified signal and have 45 minutes to find and record their shell numbers.
- Divers are limited to a maximum of 2 SHELLS EACH. Please bring up only 2 shells. Let others find their own; that’s half the fun. Keep your shells to be traded for a prize during the drawing.
- Upon completion of the dive all participants check in with Treasure Hunt Officials at the dive site to record their shell numbers, and then may return to
Discovery Diving. Only numbers recorded at the site are valid. If you don't find a shell don't give up, you still have a chance of winning a prize.
- The infamous pig picking happens after the dive. We’ll eat at approximately 2:00 pm. Divers must turn in their meal tickets, received at check-in, in order to eat. Seconds will be available after everyone has gone through once. You will be called to eat in registration order. Numbers 1-50 go first then 51-100 and so on. Early registration not only gets you a chance at leftover prizes but also puts you at the front of the food line.
- Drawing is conducted in numerical order based on the shell numbers found and recorded at the dive site.
- The respective diver hands in his shell and pulls a prize card from the treasure chest and receives the prize listed.
- After divers with shells have drawn, participants without shells have one chance to draw based on his/her registration. If prizes remain, drawing starts at the top of the registration list and continues until everyone present has drawn a maximum of 3 times. Those prizes left after everyone receives 3 prizes will be awarded at future events.
- All prizes awarded are final.
Discovery DivingCompany is not and can not be responsible for items that do not fit or items which the winner already owns. No exchanges, trade-ins or refunds will be made by Discovery DivingCompany or other donors. Discovery DivingCompany encourages treasure hunters to bargain, sell and trade among themselves during the event.
- Also we ask that no Spearfishing Equipment be brought into the water for the Shell Hunt at
. Radio Island