This course is designed to give the necessary skills and knowledge for diving with Enriched Air Nitrox. The course consists of a minimum of four hours of lectures and classroom exercises. The student will develop a working knowledge of Enriched Air Nitrox, physiological aspects of breathing oxygen at elevated partical pressures, computation of equivalent air depths, use of dive tables, oxygen analysis, dive planning, and special equipment requirements.
PADI (Junior) Open Water Diver or equivalent rating.
Classroom sessions will cover:
- A working knowledge of enriched air
- Physiological aspects of breathing oxygen at elevated partial pressures
- Computations of Equivalent Air Depths
- Use of dive tables
- Cylinder content analysis
- Dive planning
- Special equipment requirements
- PADI Enriched Air Manual
- PADI 32% Enriched Air Table
- PADI 36% Enriched Air Table
- DSAT Equivalent Air Depth Table
- PADI Air Table
- Calculator (recommended)
- Students should read the PADI Enriched Air Manual and the Use of Tables Booklet, answer the Exercise Questions, and complete the Knowledge Reviews before the first class meeting.
- Practice using the PADI Tables
- Download and complete the PADI Medical Form prior to the first day of class.
Click here for training schedule.