The PADI Underwater Hunter course is centered on hunting with spear guns and pole spears. The course will also be used to develop the required knowledge and skills for underwater collecting of items such as shells, artifacts, or tropical fish.
Prerequisite certification is PADI Advanced Open Water Diver or an equivalent rating.
- Classroom Lectures will cover:
- Target Identification
- Types of Spearfishing Equipment
- Fish and Game Regulations
- 4 Open Water Dives
- Full SCUBA including submersible pressure gauge and an alternate air source
- Dive Knife
- Depth Gauge
- Dive Timer
- Goody Bag
- N.C. Saltwater Fishing License
All spear equipment is supplied, but students should feel free to use their own if they wish.
Spearfishing and Underwater Hunting Handbook is recommended.
Complete the PADI Medical Form prior to first day of class.
$270.00 includes one full day of boat dives.
Click here for training schedule.