Discovery Diving Company’s Annual
June 4th - June 10th, 2016
This contest has been combined with our Lionfish and Lobster Tournament!!! Come out and compete!!
- Participant’s name must be provided at time of registration with Discovery Diving Company by 12 noon on May 3rd, unless the participant is scheduled on one of our charter boats, then participants may sign up on May 4th, before 8 am. The registration fee is $20.00.
- Registration may be done in person, by phone (252-728-2265) or by mail (address below).
- Check (payable to Discovery Diving Company), Credit Card (Visa/MC/Discover), Debit Card, or cash are acceptable forms of payment for the registration fee.
- This spearfishing contest is open to everyone. Participants must show a C-card, if using Scuba, and a current CRFL, unless the participant is on a boat that has a Blanket License, at the weight in.
- Entrants may pursue and attain targets by means of SCUBA, free diving, and snorkeling methods.
- Only guns, pole spears, and Hawaiian slings that are loaded by muscle power will be permitted. Power heads will not be permitted.
- Catch must be weighed in daily at Discovery Diving between 10 am and 6 pm on the 4th and 5th.
- No frozen fish will be accepted. Any attempt to defraud or cheat in the tournament in any way will automatically disqualify the offender and all of his/her fish.
- Only official weights will be accepted.
- Participants may take no more than three fish in each category. Only one fish per category will count toward total overall weight.
- Knowledge of the local marine fishing laws and regulations is the entrant’s responsibility and all laws will be strictly enforced.
- First prize goes to the contestant with the Highest Combined Weight. First, Second and Third Prizes are awarded in each of 6 categories: Lionfish, Cobia, Flounder, Grouper, Sheepshead, and Miscellaneous Edible Fish (excluding Sharks, Rays, and Amberjacks).
- You or your appointed representative must be present (or accessible by phone) to accept the awards, which will be made at 6pm on the 10th.
- The resolution to any issue will be by the management of Discovery Diving Co., Inc. and their decision will be final.
- All winners must consent to the use of their names and images for the purpose of future promotional materials.