The PADI Night Diver course is designed to prepare the diver to dive safely at night.
PADI Open Water Diver or equivalent rating.
Classroom Lectures will cover:
- Planning and preparation for night diving
- Procedures and techniques for night diving
- Problems and hazards
- Dive lights
- Buddy systems
- Buoyancy control
- Nocturnal marine life
Training includes 3 shore dives. (All 3 may all be done in a single night)
Note: The Night Dive from Advanced Open Water counts towards the 3 total dives needed for certification
- Full SCUBA including submersible pressure gauge and an alternate air source
- Dive light – Primary
- Dive light – Back up
- Dive knife
- Personal marker light
- Depth gauge
- Bottom timer
- PADI Night Diver Manual
- Students should read and answer the questions in the PADI Night Diver Manual before the first class meeting.
- Complete the PADI Medical Form prior to first day of class.